I love chicken. Chicken is one of my favorite meats to eat so when I can try out a new recipe using it then Im happy. This recipe did not disappoint anyone. Every single plate was cleared and there were no leftovers so I decided to share this recipe with you all.
I really hope that you try it because Im telling you, the chicken came out so juicy, the peppers were perfect and it went awesome with a side of rice.
3 - 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts [I used 3]
1 green pepper + 1 red pepper cut into strips
1/2 red onion, peeled and sliced
Mexican shredded cheese
1 package of fajita mix [I used Old El Paso]
1 - 2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Trim the fat from the chicken breasts and lay them flat in a baking dish.
2. Sprinkle the fajita mix onto the chicken breasts. [mine were completely thawed]
3. Lay the peppers + the onions on top of the chicken and spread them out evenly.
4. Drizzle olive oil over the chicken, peppers + onions.
5. Top with shredded cheese [I put what I thought looked good, this is a personal preference]
6. Bake at 375° for 35 - 45 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear.
[I put mine on the bottom rack and I did not cover it]
7. I actually added more shredded cheese to the dish while the rice was still cooking just because I like cheesy things.
If you decide to try this please let me know what you think! We will definitely be having this again in our house!